These creamy baked beans are flavorful, filling, hearty + budget friendly & very simple!
WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK OF A RECIPE?
BEANS+SWEET POTATO + CRUSHED TOMATOS+ LEEK + MUSHROOMS + GARLIC
Alright, do I need to say anything else, or these ingredients just speak for themselves? 🙂
I had this recipe in my mind for so long, though it took me some time to consider making it. And I honestly don’t know why I didn’t make it earlier because ever since I made it, I’ve been obsessed with it.
The combination of sweet potatoes and beans alone is perfect, however, soaked in a tomato sauce flavored with the taste of leeks, garlic, and mushroom is just OH MY GOD!-SO GOOD!
I don’t know if it is just me, but I believe that everything tastes better when combined with tomatoes (of any sort fresh, crushed, paste, sauce basically tomatoes in any variety)
Their fresh slightly sour taste gives a spark to any food. But the good news is the summer is at our doorstep, and we all know that there is no better season for tomatoes than summer! The tomatoes are also incredibly healthy and good for you so make sure you include them in your meals this summer!
If you need some inspiration on how to use some tomato varieties check out these recipes:
- 250gr tin butter beans
- 250gr tin red kidney beans
- 1 medium size leek, chopped
- 1 medium size sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 100gr white button mushrooms, sliced
- 250gr canned crushed tomatoes
- 200ml water or vegetable broth
- salt, pepper
- Into a pan, add the minced garlic, leek, and mushroom with a tablespoon or two olive oil.Saut for 5min.
- In the same pan, add the crushed tomatoes and cook for another 5min.
- Drain the beans of all the liquid and add them to the pan together with the sweet potato cubes and 200ml water or vegetable broth.
- season with salt and pepper.
- Let it cook for 5min while stirring frequently.
- Preheat the oven to 175C
- Pour the mix into a baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30min on 175C
- Enjoy! 🙂