Bolognese taste without meat + creamy without tomato sauce? + suitable for vegans and people who follow a gluten-free diet.
Yeah, it is possible 🙂
MUSHROOMS + GARLIC + SUN-DRIED TOMATOES + FRESH BASIL= THE BEST COMBINATION EVER
When I first made this recipe I didn’t have a plan to make a meatless (vegan) bolognese pasta, in fact, I wasn’t even aiming to get that bolognese taste. I just wanted to use the mushrooms that I had in my fridge (because they were about to go bad) and have them with pasta (+ that was pretty much all I had at home, and I was just too lazy to go to the store :)). The only problem was that I needed to have some sauce with it too, but since I only had some sun-dried tomatoes, I decided to blend them with some olive oil, garlic, and basil and what I got was just better than any tomato sauce I’ve ever had before. And yes I know,blended sun-dried tomatoes isn’t the definition of a tomato sauce, but you will be surprised of how much taste and creaminess they added to the pasta!
And just like with everything in life, these kind of accidental recipes are my favorite.
WHY GIVE THIS SUN-DRIED TOMATO & MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE PASTA A TRY:
- It makes a quick and simple lunch or dinner (20 minutes from start to finish)
- Requires ONLY 6 easy accessible + very affordable ingredients
- Comforting + Refreshing
- Rich and luxurious taste ( if you are making this recipe for some guests, they’ll think you’ve gotten this recipe from some fancy Italian restaurant 🙂 )
- Contains nutritious ingredients and your body will love you for that
- 250gr gluten free penne pasta, (or sub with any other you prefer)
- BOLOGNESE SAUCE:
- 200gr sun-dried tomatoes
- 250gr white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 30gr fresh basil
- 4 to 5 Tbsp olive oil (depends on the consistency you are aiming to get)
- plus more for cooking the mushrooms
- salt, pepper
- Put the pasta to boil.
- While the pasta cooks, preheat a frying pan with around one tablespoon of olive oil and saute the mushrooms with the two minced garlic cloves, for around 8 minutes on a medium heat.
- In a blender add the sun-dried tomatoes with the one garlic clove, olive oil, and basil.Blend until you get a sauce-like consistency.
- Drain the pasta and mix it with the mushrooms and sun-dried tomato sauce.
- Serve with some fresh basil.
- Enjoy 🙂