The tropical overnight oats are nutritious, refreshing, desert -like breakfast that makes you look forward to the mornings.
The taste of the coconut yogurt goes amazingly well with the tropical topping made of banana and pineapple. These overnight oats are extremely easy to make and require only a few simple ingredients. The oats become super creamy from the coconut yogurt, and the topping is just like ice cream. I’m obsessed with this breakfast and make it every day!
I love eating this breakfast through the whole year, but if I’m completely honest, this is a perfect breakfast for the summer season.
The season when the sun drains our bodies and leaves our souls floating above us, feeling all dreamy and unreal. These chilled, tropical flavored oats are my number one breakfast to surviving the summer more pleasantly.
The oats are a great source of fiber which is important for good digestion. Moreover, the pineapple is great for digestion too, thanks to the unique protein-digesting enzyme called bromelain.
The pineapple is a bomb of vitamin C, making it great for fighting colds and flues, and the banana is great for giving you that extra energy boost (which is something we all need in the morning)
I love topping this overnight oat with nuts or seeds, more banana, and pineapple.I also love adding kiwi because it enhances the tropical flavor. But you can try using mango as well or any other fruit that you like. For making it even more nutritious, you can sprinkle hemp seeds or chia seeds or any other super food that you like.
- FOR THE OATS
- 1cup rolled oats (gluten-free if required)
- 250gr coconut yogurt
- 1Tbs maple syrup
- 1 banana
- 3Tbs desiccated coconut
- FOR THE ICE-CREAM TOPPING
- 1 sliced frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1tbs maple syrup
- ½tbs vanilla extract
- FOR TOPPING (OPTIONAL)
- pumpkin seeds
- more banana and pineapple (or any other fruit like kiwi or mango)
- desiccated coconut
- In a mason jar add the oats, yogurt and maple syrup and stir them with a spoon to combine.
- Close it with a lid or cover with a plastic wrap and place it in a fridge overnight(or at least for 6 hours)
- The next day, add desiccated coconut and sliced banana and stir to combine.
- THE ICE CREAM TOPPING
- Add the banana, pineapple, maple syrup and vanilla extract and blend until smooth.
- The next day when the oats are ready for eating top them with the freshly made ice cream
- Add any toppings of choice (fruit or seeds or both)