Easy Low FODMAP Salad, with Roasted Aubergine and Courgette. Perfect salad with a rich Mediterranean taste for those lazy days when you crave something filling and refreshing.
This Easy Low FODMAP Salad is
- Very Tasty
- Vitamin Rich
- Super Simple
- Low FODMAP
Growing up, I always avoided eating salads, mostly because I was always used to having the very basic boring green salad. When I got diagnosed with IBS and food intolerances, I started changing my diet to eating healthier and more wholesome meals. And then I realized how many varieties of salads there are and how incredibly delicious they taste. In fact, salads are the one dish that offers the opportunity to experiment with so many different flavors, from adding different ingredients to combining a variety of dressings.
Salads make every meal richer and more delicious, but also great on its own, depends on the ingredients they can make a great light lunch or dinner.
However, I must admit that I there are days that I’m either very busy (or just lazy 🙂 ) to make anything additional to my main meal.
This Easy Low FODMAP Salad, with Roasted Aubergine and Courgette, is perfect for those days. It ‘s very simple to make, and you can keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. I usually make it on Sunday and have a ready to eat salad for the entire week.
This salad has a very diverse texture and flavor, from the soft, melt-in-your-mount aubergines and courgettes, to the juicy raw cherry tomatoes and crunchy nutty walnuts. All the ingredients go incredibly well together. However, the dressing takes this salad to a completely another level.
* TIP: Roast the aubergine and courgette with their skin on. The skin of the aubergine contains antioxidants while the courgette peel is a great source of dietary fiber. In the past I always used to peel almost every veggie, DON’T DO THAT. Most of the nutrients are found in the skin of the veggies.
- 2 medium size aubergines (eggplant), chopped
- 2courgettes (zucchini), chopped
- 200gr cherry tomatoes (whole or halved)
- 150gr walnuts (chopped)
.(for those with nut allergies, you can use sunflower seeds.
- 3Tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¼ cup garlic infused olive oil
- 4 to 5 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (you can also use lemon juice)
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- In a bigger bowl mix the chopped aubergines and courgettes with olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Place them on a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 to 25 min (or until they soften)
- In another bowl add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, garlic, and coriander. Stir until well combined, according to your taste season with salt and black pepper
- Once the veggies are baked let them cool for 5 to 10 min.
- In a salad bowl combine the veggies with the salad dressing, top it with chopped walnuts and more coriander.