Low FODMAP Chicken and Spinach Quinoa. A very delicious nutritious bomb on your plate
This Low FODMAP Chicken and Spinach Quinoa is:
- protein packed
- Low FODMAP
- Simple to make
“The hour before the dawn is the darkest.” The month before spring can feel just like that, cold and endlessly long. It’s the time of the year when different flues and colds are buzzing in the air when our bodies are tired and weak from the winter and are in a desperate need of nourishing and healthy meals. The month of March didn’t start in a very good way for me. I ended up with an awful cold that left me bed bound with a miserable heaviness that inhabited my entire body. Long dark days followed by sleepless nights made that entire week to look like one long nightmare. Of course, there are worse things than having a cold or the flu, but we can all agree they can be quite annoying.
During this period of the year, it is very important to increase the consumption of nutrient-rich foods, especially those high in vitamin C. Dark leafy greens like spinach are a great source of vitamin C. This Low FODMAP Chicken and Spinach Quinoa is perfect on its own, but it also goes amazingly well with the Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges as a side dish. I like topping it with coconut yogurt, but you can omit it or add any other preferred toppings.
- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 250gr chicken breast, cut in very small cubes
- 500gr spinach
- 1 leek (only the green parts)
- 100gr cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2Tbsp garlic-infused oil
- salt & pepper according to taste
- ¼tsp chili powder
- TOPPINGS SUGGESTIONS:
- Coconut yogurt ( it goes very well )
- Chopped hazelnuts or walnuts
- Dried cranberries
- Pumpkin seeds
- Add the rinsed quinoa in a pan with the vegetable broth and cook it for 15 to 20 min.
- While the quinoa cooks, preheat a frying pan over medium heat. Once hot add the garlic-infused oil and leek. Sauté for 3min.
- Once they start to caramelize, add the chicken cubes and sauté for another 5-8 min, stirring frequently.
- When the chicken starts to soften, add the cherry tomatoes and sauté for another 5 min.
- Lower the heat and add the spinach. Cook for 5 to 8 min. Season all with salt and pepper.
- Once all cooked, combine the veggies and the quinoa.
- Add any preferred toppings.
- And enjoy
- Best when fresh, however, it keeps covered in the fridge up to 2 days.