No Bake Strawberry Jam Chocolate Tarts. Healthy but indulging LOW FODMAP dessert.
- They are creamy
- with melt in your mouth texture
- They are chocolatey
- infused with strawberry jam
- they are pretty
- covered with a blanket of whipped coconut cream and fresh strawberries
BUT THAT IS NOT ALL!
THEY ARE LOW FODMAP
AND VERY HEALTHY (with natural and wholesome ingredients that your body will thank you for)
Aren’t they a dream come true?
These No Bake Strawberry Jam Chocolate Tarts are super simple to make ahead and make a perfect LOW FODMAP date dessert.
But because I’m a sucker for creamy chocolaty desserts, I like making big batches of these tarts only for myself 🙂
I have always had a sweet tooth. Most of the people need coffee in the morning to help them properly wake up, but for me, it is the sweet things that do that trick. I’m not saying about having a dessert like breakfast, on the contrary, I prefer having something savory for breakfast, what I’m referring to, is the thing before breakfast, that thing that helps you open your eyes and start the day, the thing you have while preparing your breakfast. Yes for me it is not a tea, not coffee, it is something sweet, preferably chocolate or something chocolaty.
And even though that might not be the healthiest of all habits, it is something that I’ve tried but failed to change.
But our bodies are all different, we crave and need different things for many different reasons, and the most important thing I’ve learned so far is that listening to our bodies is the most important thing we need to know and do!
That being said, even though I wasn’t able to change my habit I was able to change the type of sweet things I had.
And these No Bake Strawberry Jam Chocolate Tarts are one of the recipes that have made that whole process a lot easier.
They are so simple, best to make the night before, keep them In the fridge overnight and you will have a refreshing, chocolatey, guilt-free dessert for the next day.
If you are looking for another LOW FODMAP, vegan, gluten and refined sugar-free desserts, check out my
- 130gr smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 100gr oats
- 100gr walnuts, chopped
- 2Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT
- 350gr peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 10ml rice milk (you can also use water)
- ½tbs vanilla extract
- STRAWBERRY JAM
- 200gr Fresh or frozen Strawberries
- 3 or 4 Tbsp lemon juice (from
- ½ grated lemon zest
- 2Tbsp maple syrup
- COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
- 1can full-fat coconut milk
- 1or 2 Tbsp maple syrup or raw cane sugar
- 1/1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all the ingredients for the base (peanut butter, maple syrup, oats, walnuts and cocoa powder) into a high-speed blender and blend until a smooth sticky consistency is formed.
- Once done, spread it evenly on the tart tins
- Place them in the fridge while you prepare the jam and the chocolate peanut butter cream.
- Into a saucepan add the strawberries together with the lemon juice and maple syrup, let it simmer on a medium heat. Once it starts to thicken remove it from the heat and add the lemon zest. Let it cool off before spreading it on your tarts.
- While the jam cools, start preparing the cream
- Into a blender, add the peanut butter, maple syrup, raw cocoa powder and rice milk, blend until very smooth and combined.
- When you have everything ready, take the tarts out of the fridge and start putting them together. First, add a layer of the strawberry jam and on top of the jam add a thicker layer of the chocolate peanut butter cream.
- Place the tarts in the fridge and start preparing the whipped coconut cream.
- Open the can of full-fat coconut milk ( it needs to be chilled in the fridge for at least 24h before using it).
- Scoop the solid white coconut cream and save the liquid for some other recipe or coconut ice cubes.
- Add the solid part into a chilled mixing bowl, and mix with an electric hand mixer.
- Once done, top the tarts with it.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries (optional)