These veggie falafels are: simple to make, satisfying, flavorful and have a perfect texture (crispy on the outside; tender on the inside) and obviously beyond delicious! ????
It was only a few months ago that I decided to make my first falafels.Yes, that was the first time that I tried falafels!
How much have I been missing in my life!!
And at the moment falafels are in the list of my favorite foods.
I’m not really sure why it took me 23 years to try them, it probably has something to do with chickpeas not being very popular in my family. Nevertheless, not cool!
One hot and boring day this summer I decided to blend some chickpeas with all the veggies I had at home and see what I’ll get. I didn’t follow any specific recipe for falafels, instead, I was just adding anything that came to my mind. And surprisingly I got these amazing, very tasty veggie falafels. Everyone that tried these falafels was shocked to find out that the recipe is so easy and quick and most importantly uses only 9, simple, easily accessible and budget-friendly ingredients.
All the different veggies go perfectly well with the chickpeas and make the falafels richer and more flavorful.
In addition, they are completely gluten free and suitable for people following a vegan diet! This Veggie Falafels are great on its own, but i prefer them dipped in a tahini dressing.
You can check out my recipe for a Simple Tahini Dressing.
- 300gr canned chickpeas (rinsed,drained and dried)
- 1 medium-sized onion (choped)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small chilli papper
- 2 medium-sized carroots (chopped)
- 20 gr chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free flour mix or oat flour
- 2Tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp cumin
- salt and pepper accoring to taste
- Add all the veggies together with the parsley,olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor and mix to combine.
- Add the chickpeas and continue to mix. Stop once everything is combined but yet it is still chucky, you don't want to get a completly smooth consistency.
- Add the cumin,salt and pepper.
- Add one or two tabelspoons GF or Oat flour, depends on the consistency you are aiming to get.
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Scoop a full tablespoon and form it into a disc, place the disc on a baking tray coverd with a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30min on 180C, flip them half poit in order to cook even.